FOR ALL MOTHERS
Our mission at GEMS is:
- To glorify God, to be daily witnesses for our Lord Jesus Christ, to be helpmates in the raising of morally self-directed and biblically responsive children.
- To shore up ourselves via fellowship with other like-minded moms, through encouragement, teaching, and timely answers to questions for moms.
- To strengthen those mothers who have completed any of the parenting classes.
- To reach out and encourage all mothers to attend who are seeking the above.
- To provide a continuance of the accountability provided in the parenting classes.
I Peter 3:4 “You should be known for the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God.
The GEMS season begins in September with the Cornerstone Gathering: a dinner for GEMS moms and their husbands, featuring a special speaker. GEMS then meets the third Friday of the month from 9 – 11:15 am, October through May (no Gathering in December), at Trinity Nazarene Church (1451 Raymond Dr. Naperville, IL). In January GEMS is a couples evening.
The GEMS Gatherings begin with fellowship time, and reviewing scripture memory. In the Gathering room our spirits are refreshed by tables set with lovely decorations and a buffet spread with an array of enticing refreshments. The teaching time features a speaker who will motivate, encourage and challenge you in your role as a wife and mother through Biblical teaching while building on the principles from the GFI curricula.
GEMS is a financially self-supporting ministry. Therefore, a small registration fee is required of each mother to fund the GEMS ministry and of each child in the Nuggets childcare program.
We look forward to growing and learning with you. We trust God has already prepared a ‘gem’ especially for you this season. We invite you to come and mine His treasures with us at GEMS.
Moms:$5.00Husbands $5.00 (for January evening gatherings)
Children $5/each child with a $15.00 family maximum (for children under the age of ten).
Childcare registration deadline is two weeks prior to a GEMS Gathering.
* Cornerstone Gathering (meal provided) with husbands
**Evening Gathering with husbands (appetizers and desserts)
GEMS 2015-2016 Season
The 2015-2016 season will begin this fall!